My ADR

A blog detailing life before and after artificial disc replacement (ADR).

Monday, May 9

Two days and counting

Well, my surgery day is fast approaching. It's officially less than 2 days before I'm on the operating table getting a new "disk."

I had pre-op testing last Tuesday, which went well. It all happened very quickly - spinal wave test (I don't know the appropriate medical term), blood tests, physical, etc. It was my first time at the hospital, and I felt more comfortable there than I thought I would. It's an older facility, but the staff seemed very nice.

On a non-back related note, Brad & I moved into our first home this weekend. As stressful as it has been, I'm very happy how things have come together. It also gave me a great distraction so I wasn't sitting around these past weeks just dwelling on the surgery.

So what's happening today? Today I start my all-liquid diet. My doc never said it was necessary, but I've read several posts and opinions that suggested this course of action prior to the surgery. Soup, shakes, water...that's what I plan on living on. Also, since I've been focused on the move, I need to start getting things ready for my 2-3 day hospital stay, and get things ready for when I come back home. Lots to do - Wednesday will come quickly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home