My ADR

A blog detailing life before and after artificial disc replacement (ADR).

Thursday, March 17

Big Development (Kind of)

I'm lucky - my dad works in the healthcare biz. He's been making calls on my behalf, trying to get costs and such for my ADR. He contacted a guy at DePuy, the manufacturer of the Charite Disc. The guy left him a voice mail yesterday evening stating that Aetna has officially approved the procedure. This is a big deal, because Aetna is a conservative insurance company, and a big one at that. What they do has a good chance of filtering down to the other insurance companies.

Because my surgery is May 11, I now have at least a 50% chance of my ADR being covered by insurance. Yesterday I was putting that chance at a 1%, so I'll take the 50% any day.

I know I can't get my hopes up too much, but the situation does remind me to keep having hope. Hope the procedure goes well, hope that this doesn't set us back financially for years to come.

I'm more German than Irish, but on St. Patrick's Day, it seems I had a little "luck of the Irish" for my day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home