My ADR

A blog detailing life before and after artificial disc replacement (ADR).

Tuesday, March 8

If I had any doubts...

There are times where I have wondered if I've made the right decision as to move forward with the surgery. I'm 28 years old, it's a major procedure, and even though they've been doing it in Europe for 17 years, there's no long term guarantee. Actually, there's no short term guarantee either.

But then I have days like yesterday. It's always a bad sign when you wake up with horrible back pain, since sleeping is usually when I'm most "comfortable," if there is such a thing. But that's exactly what happened. Took a Vicadin before I left for work, which did little good. Managed to make it through part of the day, and took off around 1:30. Let's just say the pain is at a 9.89 out of 10 at this point. I'm no better than I was yesterday, and it helps to reaffirm in my mind that I've made the right decision. The only thing I'm regretting is that the surgery isn't sooner.

Now it's Tuesday morning, and I'm feeling the same as I did on Monday. Because I like to punish myself, I think I'll go into work this morning, simply because I do have some major projects I need to work on and I can't as easily work on them from home. I'll try and put in a half day, then go home to recover from the damage I've caused from leaving the house.

My big task for today is to call the clinic to see if United Healthcare approved my procedure yet. If not, I think I'm going to move forward and make payment arrangements. I really can't afford to push this off much longer. The financial piece will take a little time, plus I need to have pre-admission testing completed. Only three weeks left.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home