My ADR

A blog detailing life before and after artificial disc replacement (ADR).

Saturday, March 5

The Waiting Game

It's been over three weeks since I told my doc to "sign me up" for the ADR. I found out two weeks ago that my insurance claim has already been denied twice. Now my doc has the manufacturer's "insurance-busters" department trying to get it approved. Still no news.

It's tough waiting, especially when so many things in life are on hold. I have a job, my husband & I are wanting to buy our first house, etc. But it's all in a holding pattern at the moment. I have no idea if I'm going to be able to have this surgery on March 30, and if I do, who's going to be paying for it. If I start to think about it too much, it will be more stress than I can handle, so I just try and stay busy and keep the back pain to a minimum.

These last three weeks have been a mixed bag of emotions. I've felt anger at the situation I'm in. Overwhelmed by how not-in-control I am of the situation. Exhausted with the levels of pain I've been dealing with, and trying to get through the day in a normal fashion. Frustrated with waiting. Worried if I'm making the right decision. Grateful for the people around me, especially Brad (my husband), who have been very supportive of this whole ordeal.

But, on a Saturday, there's nothing I can do but wait. Nothing happens on a Saturday. Sunday will be one day closer to Monday, which will hopefully provide me with some answers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home