My ADR

A blog detailing life before and after artificial disc replacement (ADR).

Saturday, March 12

Stay the course

These last few weeks have been very difficult.

For anyone considering this surgery, you need to know that you will probably hit a lot of road blocks along the way. This past week, here's what I've faced:

1. 99.9% chance that United Healthcare will NOT approve my surgery, which means we'll be paying out of pocket. It's a very expensive surgery...maybe I should set up a PayPal link just in case someone with a lot of money comes across my site and wants to donate to my unofficial fund? (I'm just kidding!)

2. My ortho doc told me I would be having my surgery at St. Thomas in Akron...but he doesn't even have approval to do it there yet! Basically he completed exaggerated, lied, whatever you want to classify it as. It will be approved April 13...but until then he's doing them in Akron General with a vascular surgeon who I've been told is slow, makes a big incision, etc. Not someone I want.

3. I no longer have my March 30 date. Will now wait until at least April 13 so I can have the good vascular surgeon at St. Thomas. Then they have to coordinate the ortho doc/vascular doc schedules, which means I'll probably be having the surgery in May. Hopefully a few weeks before my 29th birthday on May 15.

It's been a trying week to say the least, but tomorrow is the start of a new week. The good news is that after a week of extremely horrible pain, today wasn't too bad in comparison. I'll take it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home