My ADR

A blog detailing life before and after artificial disc replacement (ADR).

Thursday, March 31

March 31, 2005

I feel like I've been hit by a truck.

It started Monday morning. For the first time in weeks, I was having leg pain in both legs. Two pain killers helped me make it through day. By Tuesday the leg pain was worse. Took two more pain killers that day, and a muscle-relaxer once I got home, which didn't do any good.

By Wednesday I barely made it into work; and once I did, I didn't stay there long. The leg spasms/numbness was so bad that I decided to head back home before that was no longer an option. I have a 42 mile drive one-way between work and home, and when you're legs are that messed up you really should not be driving.

On Wednesday I stayed down like a good girl and didn't do a thing but take drugs and lie down. I was tempted to do work from home, but knew that would mean sitting, which would cause me great pain. So I mostly slept and watched mindless tv.

Now it's Thursday morning. After a day of taking good care of myself, I was hoping to see an improvement; but there is none. In fact, on top of the leg pain and numbness, I can no longer stand or walk for more than a handful of seconds, and now I can no longer stand up straight. I'm a minor hunchback.

This is about as bad as it gets. I've been through this twice before, both time which resulted in 5-7 days bed rest. I hate this, I really do.

It's ironic, because yesterday was the day I was to have my ADR surgery. Now that's been pushed to May 11, which seems like an eternity. If I could perform the surgery myself, I would. Keep me away from knives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home