My ADR

A blog detailing life before and after artificial disc replacement (ADR).

Friday, December 22

Merry Christmas! (early)

Merry Christmas to all out in blogger land. Yes, it's a few days early but I am leaving for Iowa tomorrow to spend my typical Christmas Eve at my grandparents farm. My grandpa passed away a few days after Christmas last year, so it will definitely be different without his happy and warm presence. My grandma is wonderful and I look forward to spending time with her and the other 30 members of the family at the farm. We'll fly back Christmas day to our home, where we are hosting Christmas dinner for my parents, brother and his girlfriend. Then we head to my parents house for the gift opening. My parents are moving to a new house the day after, so it will be our last Christmas there. Very busy holiday!

Earlier this week I was a physical and mental mess - the pain was too much. Managed to make it through work days but not much else. Today I'm off work and doing all of the things I should have done this week, like cooking, wrapping gifts and packing. Hopefully my back will be kind to me for the next few days. I still have not told my employer about my pending surgery (yet to be scheduled). I am waiting until 2007 to tell them, when the partners are all back in the office. I am going to be prepared this time, as I've been through this before. After talking with my husband last night I am going to try and shoot for a February surgery. I can't describe in words how nervous I am. But for now I will focus on Christmas. All the best!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home