My ADR

A blog detailing life before and after artificial disc replacement (ADR).

Thursday, December 28

Almost there

I made it through the Christmas season (barely); now I just need to make it until 2pm on Friday when I get off work and officially have the time between then and Tuesday at 8am to rest my poor spine.

My trip to Iowa was unfortunately a series of painful events. Five people crunched into a small car for over 7 hours in total. When I was not in a car I was usually sitting on a folding chair, standing, or on the floor - all which crushed my spine. Through it all I was unfortunately drugged on Lyrica, Vicadin and Excedrin (to help keep me awake and to help with my headaches). I can't remember much, which makes all of those efforts seem like a big waste of energy and time. Hopefully next year will be better.

I have yet to hear on an available date for my surgery yet; will probably be next week before I know. I am still trying to figure out how I'm going to break this to my bosses, and what exactly I want to get out of my meeting with them next Tuesday.

A year ago today my Grandpa G. passed away from Leukemia. One of the last things he expressed to me was how worried he was about me and my back pain - I think he would be thrilled knowing there is hope around the corner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home